Goodnight Macaroon Top / Topshop Jeans / Jack Rogers Sandals / Baublebar Earrings
One of my favorite summer trends this year is the off the shoulder top. It's flirty yet sophisticated and keeps hot fabric off your shoulders, giving you a little break from the heat and a sunkissed look. I found this one at the online boutique Goodnight Macaroon. This store has so many cute and unique items. I especially love the tie sleeves of this blouse. I wore this outfit for the Feast in Little Italy in Cleveland last weekend.
There are a few things that you need to know when shopping Goodnight Macaroon. The items are usually shipped from China so it takes a while for them to arrive. This top took about a month to arrive. Also, if you want to return something, it will likely cost more than the item itself so make sure to read the measurement information, which is listed for each item, very carefully and compare to your own measurements. That being said, they often have flash sales during the week so you may never have to pay full price if you time your purchase right. This top is only $34.50 for the next day or so.
Thursday, August 18, 2016
Thursday, August 4, 2016
I have two announcements: 1. How is it already August? (OK, that's a question.) 2. You officially have four more days to shop the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale. Given that information, I thought it might be helpful to post some of the items I purchased, which are still available.
1. Billabong Dress: First up is this adorable Billabong dress. I thought it would be perfect for a trip to Nashville I have in the fall. The back has very cute criss-cross straps that I love!
2. Halogen Flats: Let's all have a quiet moment. (pause) I finally bought lace-up flats! I am just as excited as you are for this development in my life. I originally bought these in a very pretty maroon, but when I tried them on, they looked really dramatic so I returned them. I love them in blush because they go with everything and I can wear them in the fall or spring.
3. BP Blanket Scarf: When I saw this scarf, it just instantly put me in the fall mood, which instantly put me int he buying mood. So I bought it. Case closed. But seriously, it looks good layered over everything from t-shirts to dresses, and in this color combo it can act as a neutral.
4. Lush Blouse: I have a similar Lush blouse in cream, and I wear it all the time. There is something very timeless and classic about this blouse. I could get one in every color. I've been gravitating more toward olive lately as it usually looks good with my complexion and hair. It also feels like one of the it-colors for fall.
5. Topshop Jeans: These are not actually on sale, but I wanted to share them with you anyways. I did get them at a slight discount as I had a $10 gift card for signing up to be a Nordstrom Rewards Member.
My saga to find distressed jeans was a long one. I ordered many in the $50 to $60 range, and none of them had quite the right look or fit. So I went in store one day, as is always better when trying on jeans, and found this Topshop pair and had to stop everything I was doing in the name of love. They have the perfect amount of rip to them, not too over the top, and they stop just above the ankle, which I love. That makes wearing them with these lace-up flats even easier. When you've found the one, in terms of jeans, you don't let it pass you by.
So I got almost everything on my fall wish list. I am still missing a good cargo jacket. The one that I ordered from the Nordstrom sale was too big so I had to return it and the style wasn't quite what I wanted. What did you get at the NSale?
Like any true romantic, fall makes me reach for dark, floral patterns and feminine details. To balance out that vibe, I occasionally drif...
The chill is definitely in the air. We had temperatures in the high 40s today. Fall weather always makes me want to slow down and relax ...
If any of you read the September issue of Vogue (which I am undoubtedly sure that you did), you noticed the entire editorial devoted to swe...