- Using a ruler, I drew 4.5x4.5 inch squares on paper and pinned these to the fabric.
- I cut out the fabric squares and ironed them together with the wrong sides facing each other.
- Using my sewing machine, I sewed a zig-zag pattern around the edges leaving enough of an opening to pour in the scented stuff.
- I created a funnel by rolling together a piece of paper and inserting it into the opening.
- I then poured in the scented filling. Passion fruit scent from JoAnn Fabrics, which smells amazing.
- I closed up the opening with the sewing machine, tied ribbons and hand sewed them to the front.
Monday, May 21, 2012
Lavender Sachet How To Project. Also, it was the motivation I needed to start using my sewing machine. Simple squares are much easier to take the plunge with than complicated clothing patterns. They were super easy to make with a sewing machine and I am sure they can be sewn by hand too. Give them with a laundry-themed wedding gift or put them in your drawers to have nice smelling linens and clothes.
Details: A&F Top / Gap Jeans / Calvin Klein Shoes via TJ Maxx / Loft Necklace We certainly haven't gotten to the point of the ...
The chill is definitely in the air. We had temperatures in the high 40s today. Fall weather always makes me want to slow down and relax ...
If any of you read the September issue of Vogue (which I am undoubtedly sure that you did), you noticed the entire editorial devoted to swe...