Bundled Up Spring Outfit and an Award
Thank you Sarah of Simply Sarah for awarding me the Tell Me About Yourself Award!
Here are the rules:
- Thank and link back to the person who awarded you.
- Write 7 random things about yourself.
- Spread the love to 15 more bloggers.
- I used to be a competitive figure skater. Now I am a coach and teach kids and adults of all ages. I landed all of my doubles except for my double axel. I started learning it, but that was around the same time I started college so studies came first. At a skating clinic in Ann Arbor, I met Tara Lipinski and Kurt Browning.
- I was the Arts and Life Editor for my college newspaper, the Carroll News. I met Halley Barry and Giovanni Ribisi when their 2007 movie Perfect Stranger premiered in Cleveland. Barry, a Cleveland native, was trying to show some love to her hometown and all of the local college papers had the chance to interview them. She IS really that gorgeous.
- In college I was also involved in greek life. I am a member of the sorority Kappa Kappa Gamma. Our colors are dark and light blue. The fleur-di-lis and the key are our symbols. I always keep an eye out for anything featuring either symbol. Jewelry with either is not hard to find.
- In 2008, I did Race for the Cure. My aunt is a breast cancer survivor, so I was interested in getting involved and raising money.
- I have always wanted to learn to play the piano. People always comment that my weird long fingers would have come in handy if I had been a piano player. Also, I feel like it would be a good skill to break out at any social gathering. I should also mention that I love to do karaoke.
- This may sound cliche, but I want to travel the world. I think a great job would be as a journalist abroad. I have been out of the United States on a Caribbean cruise and to Canada. I have never been to Europe, and I think my first stop is a tie between Paris and Rome.
- Recently, I bought a sewing machine, and I really want to teach myself how to use it and make my own clothes.
Here are my seven random things: